Parasite Concentration System
Paraprep is a closed system for a clean and efficient concentration of intestinal parasites from human faecal probes. To simple 4 steps kit provides a fast and simple method to concentrate helminth ova as well as protozoan cysts/oocysts.
- No ethanol
- Ready to use
- Totally sealed/enclosed system
- Single use system, no cross contamination
- Fits in every standard centrifuge
- Built-in spatula
Principle of Test
The faecal sample is taken with the spoon on the filter and mixed into the tube with the solution. After a short mixing and centrifugation step, Paraprep is reopened and the sediment is ready for microscopy.
It is a single use, disposable device offering significant time saving as well as prevention against cross-contamination. The unique tangential hexagonal filter provides a fast and reliable filtration of the sample, leading to a clean background.
bioTRADING offers different sizes of Paraprep:
- Fitting 50 ml centrifuge buckets: Paraprep L
- Fitting 15 ml centrifuge buckets: Paraprep S
Paraprep is available in 4 different kits providing all solutions needed for 40 tests:
- Paraprep Formalin: 10% formalin solution with triton X-100.
- Paraprep SAF: Sodium acetate - Acetic acid - Formalin slution with triton X-100.
- Paraprep Gold: with a fixative solution that is environmentally safe
Paraprep Stain: 10% formalin solution with triton X-100 + Iodine Potassium Iodide for stain
|DML 9000||Paraprep S Formalin||40 tests|
|DML 9010||Paraprep S SAF||40 tests|
|DML 9025||Paraprep S Gold||40 tests|
|DML 9030||Paraprep S Stain||40 tests|
|DML 9050||Paraprep L Formalin||40 tests|
|DML 9060||Paraprep L SAF||40 tests|
|DML 9075||Paraprep L Gold||40 tests|
|DML 9080||Paraprep L Stain||40 tests|