bioTRADING offers a comprehensive range of Salmonella slide agglutination antisera and Stained Febrile Antigens.
- Clostridium (perfringens & sordelli)
- E.coli (monoclonal)
- Salmonella (monoclonal)
- Shigella (monoclonal)
- Yersinea (monoclonal)
Antisera is available in 1, 3 or 5 ml economical volumes with shelf lives up to five years from date of manufacture. The range includes a full panel of polyvalent somatic antisera, monovalent somatic antisera, polyvalent flagella antisera and monovalent flagella antisera for traditional slide agglutination testing. Also available are a range of rapid Salmonella diagnostic sera (RSD) for the initial identification of primary groups of salmonella. All antisera are presented in (colour-coded) dropper bottles.
The test reagents are composed of a mixture of rabbit antisera and monoclonal antibodies, or solely of monoclonal antibodies. Test reagents which only contain monoclonal antibodies are named Enteroclons.
The monoclonal antibodies are obtained by immunising mice and fusion of the spleen cells with a mouse myeloma cell line. Compares with the polyclonal test sera, enteroclons represent a new generation of serological diagnostic materials, displaying the following characteristics:
- uniformity: the antibodies they contain are uniform with respect to structure, stability, antigen binding site and avidity
- standardisability: their effectiveness can be standardised by reproducible adjustment of the antibody concentration
- freedom from unwanted accompanying antibodies
- cross-reactions due to antigen relatedness have been avoided to the greatest possible extent by selection and charactierisation of the cell clones. Cross-reactions due to antigen identity cannot be completely excluded even for monoclonal antibodies – details are given in the instructions for use
- independence from immune serum donors
- isolation of antibody specificities that cannot be produced polyclonally (for example, O 13, H 1, H e, Hg, H n)
Please contact us if you need a specific product, we are meeting many customers’ unique requests.